CO2 Laser Skin Resurfacing
Fractional Laser (CO2) is a popular choice for the treatment of
- Acne scars
- Uneven skin texture
- Open Pores
- General skin rejuvenation.
The CO2 laser skin resurfacing procedure is performed using a fractionated CO2 laser with the Scar Mode, focus on treating Acne Scarring or providing an intensive general skin rejuvenation to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, minimising pore size and refining skin tone and texture.
The "Edge Pulse" technology of the CO2 laser machine delivers high energy in a very short span of time allowing for deep skin ablation in the form of vertical microscopic thermal injury zones while minimising damage to the outer layer.
The "injury" triggers the self-healing mechanism of the skin, stimulating collagen production to help with smooth out old acne scars.
Outer layers of the skin can also be removed with precision. The new skin cells that form during healing give the skin a tighter, younger looking appearance.
What the treatment involves
- Topical anaesthesia (numbing cream) will be applied and left on for 30 to 45 minutes prior to the start of the treatment.
- The procedure itself takes between 15 to 20 minutes for a full face.
- The sensation during the procedure has been described to feel like a "pins and needle" sensation.
- EGF Mask & Light Therapy will applied post treatment to heal the skin and reduce any redness.
After the treatment
- The treated area may show signs of redness and swelling for several hours following the procedure.
- During the first 24 hours after treatment, your skin may feel as though it is sunburned.
- A cold compress can be used 5-10 minutes per hour for the first 5-6 hours after the treatment to minimise the discomfort.
- Your skin will peel for 2 to 7 days and will be pink for 3 to 6 weeks.
- This healing all depends on how deep or intensive your treatment is.
- Please do not pick at the peeling skin or scabs; allow them to fall off naturally.
- For the first 24 hours after your treatment, cleanse face with cool tap water only.
- Thereafter, cleansing the face twice daily with a nonabrasive, non-comedogenic cleanser is recommended.
- Avoid using skin products with acidic content (AHA, BHA) for 2 weeks or until the skin has fully healed.
- The use of an emollient is encouraged and avoidance of sun-exposure during the healing phase is essential.
- Usage of sunscreen is compulsory for at least the first 3 months.